The Microsoft-owned and Mojang-developed game, Minecraft, requires no introduction. Markus Persson, the founder of Mojang, designed Minecraft back in 2009. However, Microsoft acquired Mojang back in 2014 for $2.5 billion. By the end of 2018, Minecraft had become the second highest-selling game of all time with over 150 million sold copies.
According to the statistics on Wikipedia, in May 2020, Minecraft had 126 million monthly active players, making it one of the highest-played games in the world currently. So, if you haven’t tried the game yet, we want you to know that you are definitely missing out.
Here’s a tease of the gameplay to trigger your intrigue: Mojang describes Minecraft as an adventure of limitless possibilities. The game allows you to mine, build, battle, and explore the world of Minecraft while fueling your desires for creativity and compelling you to develop a strategic mindset. In a nutshell, when you are signing up for Minecraft, you are indirectly signing up for unrivaled, destructive thrills.
In addition to these exquisite and unmatched features of this game, Minecraft also allows you to play with your character’s skin – adding more to the ever-changing world of Minecraft. That’s the epicenter of our discussion today – the Minecraft Skins. Let’s find out more!
What Are Skins In Minecraft?
It’s true that there’s always something new in Minecraft, thanks to their regular updates to keep their player-base hooked. However, the feature that’s loved by almost everyone playing the game is that you can change your character’s skin.
Sure, being limitless with your surrounding environment, gathering building materials, putting your imaginations and crafts to use sounds epic. But, having a character skin that makes you stand out from millions of players does have its charm.
There’s just something about having unique, exciting skins that indulge people into the game, especially the kids, they love it. The significance of Minecraft Skins can be extracted from this small yet interesting fact that if a random wandering mob, with exhilarating skins on, does the unpredictable to you during your hard survival mode, it intimidates you. The dopamine rush you get and the thrill gets you. You are not only intimidated but you are also ultimately striving to do better the next time you are in the game.
That’s what Minecraft Skins are, or any game’s skins are for that matter. The Minecraft Skins are art, they are fun, and they are the meat of the game. Let’s hook you up with some more interesting aspects of Minecraft Skins!
Where Can I Find New Skins For Minecraft?
The internet is your field, just look it up and you’ll be able to find a lot of them out there. However, it’s one thing to find these skins and another thing to come across practicality and distinctiveness.
As die-hard, binging fans of Minecraft, we would specifically suggest Minecraft Skins. They are the oldest in this field yet they’re unrivaled. Not only do they have highly-detailed and quality-centered skins, but they also have the smartest algorithms that help you filter out the best ones.
You can find a number of categorized skins under labels like top, latest, cool, and other tags. Just use the search bar and type a word that best describes your desired skin and at once, you’ll have a huge influx of skins to choose from.
How Can I Change My Character’s Skin In Minecraft?
Once you have settled on the skin of your choice, you can move on to the process of installing that skin. It’s a very simple and easy process. We will be explaining each step thoroughly so you don’t miss out on anything!
Please follow these steps for an automatic process:
- Once you have finalized on a skin from the Minecraft Skins, click on the skin.
- You will be taken to the skin’s page and you will see a bunch of icons, including likes, dislikes, comments, download, upload to minecraft.net, wardrobe+, and edit.
- For an automatic process, you can simply click on the “Upload to Minecraft.net” and it will take you to the official Minecraft Website.
- Once you are logged in, you can proceed to select “change” skin.
- After you will log in, your in-game skin will be updated.
Please follow these steps for a manual process:
- After opening the page of your desired skin from the Minecraft Skins website, click on the download button.
- You will be prompted to save the .png file to your desired directory on your computer. Please download that file.
- Once you have downloaded, please go to the official Minecraft website.
- Click on the “Select a file” button and choose the file you have just downloaded and click upload.
- You will now be able to log into your game and see your updated skin.
Interested In Designing Your Custom Minecraft Skins? – Here’s How You Can Do It
In addition to selecting from a plethora of wonderful, awe-inspiring skins, the Minecraft Skins allows you to design your personal skin. Whether you want to edit an already existing skin on their website or want to design your Minecraft character from scratch, they have got it covered.
We are dividing this section into two parts since you can not only customize your skin from scratch but also edit an already existing one.
Editing Existing Minecraft Skin
Please follow these steps to edit an already existing Minecraft skin:
- Go to the official Microsoft Skins website and search/look for a skin of your taste and style.
- Once you’ve found a skin that suits your mood, click on it.
- On the right side of the preview, you’ll have a bunch of buttons. Please click the edit button.
- This will take you to a page that lets you customize that skin according to your style.
- After you are done with customization, save that skin. You can also add it to your wardrobe (if interested).
- Utilize one of the above-mentioned skin changing processes to change your in-game screen.
Customizing Minecraft Skin From Scratch
Please follow these steps to create, design, and customize a Minecraft skin from scratch:
- Go to the official website and click ‘Editor’ from the top menu on the homepage.
- You will be taken to the skin editor on the website.
- From there onwards you can implement all the tools to bring about a Minecraft character of your own.
- Once you’re done, you can download the skin and later upload it to your profile.
- Log in to see your updated screen in the game.
Tips To Help You Stay On Top Of Your Skin Game!
Before summing up, we wanted to suggest a couple more tips and tricks to help you stay on top of your attire in Minecraft.
Be Creative – Choose For Intimidating Your Enemy: One of the reasons why this behavior exists in most online games is because it allows people to flaunt and intimidate their in-game mates. So, choose a skin that says something about your skill. Choose a skin that makes your defeated opponent say, “There’s no way I could have won from this guy.”
Choose With An Intent To Motivate Yourself: It’s human psychology to feel confident when you look nice. More often than not, the same behavior runs in games. You may disagree but we believe that when you have unique and aesthetically pleasing skins on, you automatically want to do better.
Customize Your Skin According To Your Style: It’s automatic that one way or another, you’ll be reflecting a side of your own personality in your character’s skin. The cherry on top, however, is that Minecraft allows you to customize your skin from scratch – that’s heaven for a Minecraft enthusiast who also happens to be an imaginative genius.
Edit The Existing Skin: To save yourself from the grind, find a ready-made skin of your style, and customize it. It’ll allow you to be closer to your goal and save time.
Keep Your Wardrobe A-Ready: Minecraft often arranges certain events and frequent updates for their players. You can be ready in advance for such events by having back-up skins. For instance, you may want to add some humor/charm to your game by dressing up in a Santa’s skin near Christmas. So, use the Wardrobe+ feature of Minecraft Skins to have a go-to wardrobe backing your style.
Have A Go-to Collection In Your Computer: In addition to owning a go-to wardrobe on their website, many high-end Minecraft players are passionate about keeping a collection of their favorite skins in their computers. That’s another way to save your most-appreciated skins while you keep on updating the new ones!
In the end, we hope that this guide about Minecraft skins has helped you in some way. Minecraft is an excellent game with many interesting features backing it up. We wanted to shed some light on the skins, how you can get them, install them, customize them, etc. Now, feel free to put these tips to use, grind with more dedication, and rank up!